- 1080p -
Audio Track 1 (Default): English 5.1 FLAC
Audio Track 2: Japanese 2.0 FLAC
Audio Track 3: English Commentary 2.0 FLAC*
*Included in episodes 3 and 10.
Dual-audio remux featuring my own 1080p encodes and modified BlurayDesuYo subtitles. As with seasons 1 and 2, I scenefiltered a good amount of scenes to lower the average bitrate and protect 1080p elements from filters that would otherwise damage them. Filtering is mostly the same as well, except I switched to adaptive denoising and adaptive graining.
For whatever reason, the English audio is smaller compared to seasons 1 and 2. All channels (except LFE) seem to have an average bitdepth of 17 bits instead of the usual 20. It doesn't sounds worse by any means, but I felt obligated to point it out in case someone noticed it.
For the subtitles, I restyled the dialogue to match prior seasons, added some missing italics, fixed a few typos, updated the OP with official lyrics (thanks to kBaraka) and modified the typesetting. Big thanks to basheer_naimi for the much-needed QC. By far the biggest change in the typesetting can be seen when the midcards are shown. Rather than covering up the kanji with an ugly mask or moving the English text to an awkward position, I decided to remove the kanji by hand using Photoshop (here's an example
). I also added a layer of grain to cover up the original JPEG-like artifacts in the source. I thought of softsubbing the Photoshopped images, but in the end it looked pretty dreadful, especially when resized. I did softsub the English text, however, as I saw no reason to hardsub it (plus, this would've prevented people from modifying it). Admittedly, I took some artistic liberties in episode 3 and 6 (these midcards turned out to be too complex to clean up), but other than that the midcards are faithful to the originals. I plan to handle the midcards in season 3 part 2 and season 4 the same way.
I also have plans to release one giant batch containing all seasons in a few years, once Attack on Titan is fully adapted and all the Blu-Rays are out. There's a lot of inconsistencies I'd like to fix (subtitle styling, terminology, character names, typesetting, encodes, etc).